Friday, June 29, 2007

A nice wool hat

Here is Arthur, kindly wearing a snug wool hat outside on a warm June day! (It is no longer in the 30s, but a mild 21 degrees right now.) I just finished this Odessa, in leftover not-very-soft wool which we dyed last week in KoolAid.








We used a few too many colours, I think, and things got a bit muddy, but it's a nice muddy pink. (The flash picture below is way too pink!) The 50 grams was not quite enough for the whole hat, so we have a few green stripes towards the top, which just serve to show off the coolility of the pattern. Very clever, that Grumperina!


Look how those stripes twirl and zig and zag! I must make more of these!

3 comments:

  1. I think the pattern looks so fun in handpsinted yarn! :) Cute model, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fun, aren't they! And a little addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that hat - I forgot I had it in my "want to make someday" pile. Definitely will make one... and I even have some yarn left to use! (remember that blue and brown stuff I bought to make Brian a scarf with? the one he hated?)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.