Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Updated goals and more holiday

Hmmm, what am I going to knit this month?

The secret thing is still on the needles. It will kill me, I'm sure. But that's more than I should really say, so we'll pass quickly by.

The rainbow sock needs a bit more of a foot. Should be doable. Yes, by the end of the month, I'll have a pair of socks done.





I notice that I boastfully recorded the finishing of a single mitten on January second!

Perhaps I should finish the second one, since they'd be great fall mitts.

I've dug it out and will find the pattern any day now.







That's a lot of stuff on teeny needles already. There's also the big brown thing, which would make a pleasant big-needle change. Hmm. I'll keep that in reserve.

I'll never finish all four of those things in one month. But those are the four I'll work on!

We are still settling in after our end-of-summer jet-lag. Managing to get up in the morning, though not so keenly this morning as yesterday!

I made it to two grocery stores and a drug store yesterday -- we seem to have run out of everything just before we left town! There's still a small pile of laundry, but that'll just blend in with the usual stuff.

Here's a selection of the wonderful things we saw on that holiday.

The kids loved the big slugs!

Don't get those here in Toronto!


We didn't interrupt these two. We figure this might be slug snuggling...


And this superhero slug made it up high onto a fern. This is a flash picture because we were deep in the forest, great slug territory.

For those who prefer birds to slugs, a woodpecker! (You'd better click it to get the big picture.)


This is the part of the bay we looked out on.

We saw it morning and night, calm and not so calm, with the tide going in and out.


I could sit and watch it all the time!

And now back to our regular programming.

1 comment:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.