Thursday, November 10, 2011

Knitting and cabbage

Let's start with the knitting, but I warn you that today's post really is mainly concerned with cabbage.


This is the second front of Botticelli, and there is not that much more to do on it. Then we start the sleeves, and who knows what will happen then. I have ideas...

I am also having ideas about what to do with the remaining yarn when this is finished! I will have many half-balls lying about. I am not sure a scarf would be a good idea, since the yarn is a bit tickly, and this also stops me from thinking "baby blanket," but there might be a slew of nice light hats in the future.

And now, on to the cabbage! This is one of those frilly ornamental cabbages that appear on people's porches in October or so. Ours, as you see, has begun to get yellow around the base, but is still hot hot pink in the middle.


So hot pink that it is hard to get a "real" looking photo! I put the green up and the red a bit a bit down in this, but it is still overwhelming, isn't it?


The yellowed edges are still crinkly as ever, and the edges are not soft, but still firm.



And the stalk is out of this world! This was taken leaning the camera on the rim of the pot, no flash. There should be a dinosaur roaming the landscape beneath it.


Of course, it sort of reminds me of knitting.

3 comments:

  1. Re: leftover yarn, what about mittens, with a liner in something softer knit inside? Magic inside-out mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful pink center of the cabbage. And the prehistoric stem is great. Maybe Arthur could use it in a video. It reminds me of the huge banyan trees in Hawaii. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely knitting and what an amazing cabbage!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.