Monday, November 11, 2013

Sic transit gloria mundi

I was looking back at a few old posts lately, partly because I was trying to find when I started the Louvre floor "blanket" and things like that. It is disheartening to see that a lot of old links don't connect to anything anymore. What do you do about that?

I did dig one picture up on the Wayback Machine. This is my headmistress from when I was at school in Brighton in 1972. I recall she was terrifying.

Miss R A Clarke, headmistress from 1961-77
It seems a huge job to fix things from 2005, that likely no one reads. But then, it seems bad to leave links one knows are useless.

This is why some designers hate doing webpages. Things change and one could spend all the time updating, chasing new links, adding new info, deleting out-of-date info. I think I will try to fix things that I come across, but won't go on a fixing crusade. I am kind of glad I found the fearsome Miss Clarke, though!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Miss Clark does look fearsome. Wherever did you find her?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.