Friday, November 18, 2016

A preview of tomorrow's dinner

Tomorrow night we are hosting a course of our street's progressive dinner. I try to arrange one of these every November. This year's was a bit of a struggle because a couple of key players are away, but some "foreigners" from around the corner are taking up the slack. I know not everyone RSVPs, and some people will pop in unannounced.

I am hosting the main course, so I will have my old standby Caesar salad (with anchovies) and an Ottolenghi casserole from Plenty More, my new favourite cookbook, which I am constantly taking out of the library. I think that for last year's dinner I made the cauliflower cake from the same book.

This year I will make Baked Orzo with Mozzarella and Oregano. The recipe says it serves four, but it has a whole large eggplant in along with half a pound of pasta, so I'm assuming it'll be fine as a potluck dish for a bit more than four.

Lots of cooking-blog types have made this, if you want to see the recipe. I hope to have an artful photo of my own shortly!

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you take the cookbook out of the library lots. It seems to cost 27 pounds! At Amazon it's only $33.47.
    Good luck with the dinner. I gather it's a neighbourhood potluck?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.