Monday, September 11, 2017

A sock before a movie

I'm going to two more movies today, but have a wee moment to show you my sock. I only made the one, and will perhaps try out another vintage pattern for the other one! Arthur rarely wears matching socks anyways.

The yarn is really dark navy blue and cooked-shrimpy-orange-peachy. These were taken inside in the evening and look sort of washed out. And I can't redo them, because he has gone off with it.


The pooling over the heel is crazy! Half of the heel is blue and half is pink. I don't usually use this sort of indie-dyed yarn; Regia sock yarn doesn't do this quite so noticeably! 

 

You can sort of see the cables if you try hard! I think my next attempt with this yarn might involve a different sort of interesting pattern, or at least a contrasting heel. 


This was July's vintage accessory. So I can finally cross that chore off my list. I've also finished September's and will show you that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.