Wednesday, November 08, 2017

A day in the life

Yesterday I did a bunch of things.

The other day I showed you pictures of garage doors in the neighbourhood, but they were not in the lane on which I live. My lane has been full of mud and cement trucks and pickups blocking the way for some time.

The people across the lane have begun a major renovation. They took down the chain-link fence and put a huge (gigantic) bin in the back yard and quickly filled it up.


So yesterday the truck arrived to take the bin away, and I think the bin was too heavy for the truck. The cab of the truck was off the ground when they tried to hook up the bin. In that picture the cab is way up, but the wheels seem to still be on the ground. It wasn't always so.

That was very intriguing, but I had places to be and so had to leave before anything was resolved.

I went past Honest Ed's and saw that the demolition was in full swing. It looks the same as ever from the front, but here is your side view.

Grabber-thing pulling on some steel
And when you go around back, look at that!


I went through Grange Park behind the art gallery and for once, no one was sitting on the Henry Moore sculpture.



So many crazy views of this sculpture. It used to be on a street corner beside the gallery, but they recently smartened up the park and put it here. I guess it is better now, but it was a nice quirk to have this right on the main street. 


The park is all fall colours. 


Then I spent a few hours sitting at the desk in the Textile Museum, taking money, answering the phone, knitting... I do that until 2 pm, so I am starving by the time I am done. I often have fine ideas about what I'll do after my shift, but usually all I want to do is get some lunch! Yesterday I made my way to the Pho Hung, a fine establishment where I've been eating the #19 (small) for 30 years. My downfall this time, though, was the Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk, at 3 pm. Delicious but deadly. That is why I was writing this at 6 am: I have been up for some time with racing brain...

On my way home I passed the 5-shirts-for-$10 shops. It's a great place to find cheap fabric if one wants to try out some Alabama Chanin mitts or something! All the colours of the rainbow.


Finally, home again. And a peek off my top floor shows that one of two things happened: Did they get the bin away, and immediately fill a second one, or was the truck unable to handle it, abandoning it until it miraculously gets lighter?


1 comment:

  1. I do love November. Lots of interesting stuff today. Have you solved the bin mystery?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.