Thursday, November 09, 2017

Three on Thursday



  1. I crocheted some flowers. These are for my November chore for my vintage accessory knitalong. It's funny, the book I used often asks for something like a "medium crochet hook." but in this pattern it does specify a size, and also says "American gauge." So do I assume that this pattern uses American terminology, despite it being a Canadian publication from the 60s or earlier? My theory is that if there are HDCs, or half-double-crochets, it is American. Whatever, I just did what seemed the reasonable thing, and I got flower-like results. The pattern is for a tea cosy, but I shall use my flowers to decorate a wreath. I don't really like crocheting, I find!
  2. We are having a street-wide potluck supper later in the month and I have begun perusing the recipe books. Lately I have always had to host a course, but we have some new blood and I get to be just a participant this time. I'm leaning towards something like roasted beets and other veg, maybe just as is or maybe put into some sort of rice dish. The main course is a bit hard to prepare for, as one should be out having fun at the appetizer course and not slaving over a hot stove. So I think I'll roast some veg, cool it and mix it with rice or couscous or something and serve it at room temp. I have a couple of weeks to change my mind a million times on this. 
  3. When you are playing Scrabble, if you find yourself with one of each vowel, an S and a Q, you might despair and think you just have a rack full of trouble, but remember this: you can make SEQUOIA. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely flowers. Well worth the effort, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.