Friday, January 19, 2018

Eye Candy Friday

I was volunteering at the Textile Museum on Thursday and took a brief walk through the exhibit about Latin American Ikat weaving.


I'm actually going back today with a friend and will look at things more carefully, but I quickly snapped a few pics of favourites.

This rebozo has lacy bits at the ends. (I learned about rebozos because it's such a great Scrabble word, but they are wonderful woven giant wraps.)


This is what you'd call a modern design!


I hope to have more pictures to share after this afternoon. There is also a fantastic exhibit on about Japanese textiles.

Ah, and I will have yarn to show you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.