Monday, February 19, 2018

Muffin Monday: Bacon Cheddar Corn


This week's recipe comes again from my Cooking Light baking book, and is one that I have always passed over. Bacon in a muffin? Jalapeño?

The cornmeal adds that mealy texture, which usually I don't go for. The bacon could have been crisper, but I only had turkey bacon, not actual pork bacon, which I am sure would have been perfect. The jalapeño could have been cut more finely, the cheese could have been sharper. But, all in all, pretty good! Perfect with a taco salad or chilli.

There are a couple more recipes in this book, and then on to the main event, I think! But I have to prioritize, and maybe whip up some more muffins quickly before my buttermilk goes off. And I do have to make sure to use the cornmeal, now I have it! Yes, I might sneak in another batch this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.