Saturday, May 12, 2018

The sublime and the ridiculous

I think these are my last two dishcloths for a while. I still have some pale leftovers which I will use up eventually, but for now I am done.

The doily in sunny yellow:


I'm not sure it is very good for dishwashing, with all those holes, but one could put it under a vase of flowers, or rest one's phone on it... I'm not sure!

It was quite fun to knit, once I got past the eight stitches on three needles to begin with. I started with slippery metal needles, which just resulted in stitches sliding off, but soon found some more sticky plastic needles, and put my eight stitches on four, which worked fine. I was very happy to switch to my short circular needle as soon as I could, though!

I had two groups of leftover bits, the pale and the not-pale.

I did sort of think the green would go farther, and I really didn't want to use the nice, clear red in with the muddy variegated, but the choice was red, or white with pastel speckles.

Ugh!

I'm so happy because now I have something suitable for the "your ugliest FO" thread on Ravelry! (You'll need a Rav account to see that, I imagine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.